The 20 times that follow are information about you. Please supply the information as HONESTLY and ACCURATELY as you can.
The data that will be obtained from these items shall be held strictly confidential.
Each item is followed by several possible answer. On your sheet, shade completely the box that corresponds to the number of the answer that specifically pertains to you.
1. Sex :
2. 2. Civil Status :
3. Age bracket where you belong :
1. 18-24 years old
2. 25-31 years old
3. 32-28 years old
4. 39-45 years old
5. More than 45 years old
4. Highest educational attainment:
1. College graduate
3. With Master’s Units
4. Master’s Degree
5. With Ph.D. Units/Degree
5. Year of last attendance in school :
1. Before 1985
5. After 2000
6. What honours did you receive when you graduated from college?
1. Summa Cum laude
2. Magna Cum laude
3. Cum laude
4. Other academic award
5. None/not applicable
7. Present employment:
8. Type of present job:
2. General Clerical
3. Trades and crafts (jobs requiring manual dexterity of application of manual/mechanical/artistic
4. Others 5. Not applicable
9. Length of experience in present job:
1. Less than one year
2. One to two years
3. Three to four years
4. More than four years
10. Do you have any of the following first level eligibilities:
Second Grade, Municipal/Provincial Clerk, General Clerical, Career Service Sub- Professional(Local Government), Career Service Sub-professional
11. For what reason are you taking this examination?
1. Entrance to government service
2. Change of appointment status
12. How many times have you taken the Career Service Professional? Examination excluding this one? 1. Once 2. Twice 3. Thrice
4. More than thrice 5. Never
13. Which of the following activities did you undertake in preparing for this examination?
1. Enrolled in review centers
2. Studied career service examination reviewers sold at bookstore
3. Engage in other activities
4. Used a combination of 1 and 2.
5. No preparation done at all Items 14 to 16 (For Government Employees Only):
14. Category of government office where employed:
1. National government 2. Local government (province/city/municipal) 3. Government-owned or controlled corporation 4. Constitutional office 5. State college or university
15. Status of present appointment in government service:
1. Permanent 2. Temporary 3. Casual/Emergency 4. Contractual 5. Substitute
16. Years of experience in government service:
1. Less than 5 years 2. 5-9 years 3. 10-14 years 4. 15-19 years 5. More than 19 years
Items 17 to 20 In which of the following types of work do you consider yourself best qualified? Choose only two from among the options listed in items 17-20. Shade the boxes that corresponds to your choices. For example, if you think you are best qualified in budget management, and project planning/management, shade box no. 2 of item 17 and box no. 3 of item . Leave items 18 and 20 blank. If you think you are best qualified in research/report including statistical analysis, shade boxex no. and no. 2 of item 20 on your Answer sheet, and leave items and 19 blank.
17. 1. Accounting 2. Budget Management 3. Buying/Purchasing 4. Co-ordination 5. Computer Operations
18. 1. EDP Computer Programming
2. EDP System Analysis and Design 3. Human Resource Development 5. Management and Audit Analysis
19. 1. News/Feature Writing 2. Personal Recruitment/Selection
3. Project Planning/Management 4. Public Relation Work 5. Records Management
20. 1. Research / Report Writing 2. Statistical Analysis
3. Stenography 4. Supplies Management 5. None of the Above
* TEST BEGINS HERE * GRAPHS / Charts / Data
Introduction to Economics Exam Statistics
1. In which of the following years did over 2/3 of the students who took the exam not pass it?
a. 2005 b. 2006 c. 2008 d. 2009 e. Cannot say
2. It is known that a quarter of the students who passed the exam in 2007, passed it at the first trial. Assuming each exam has two trials, what percentage of all the students who took the exam that year passed it in the second trial?
a. 10 b. 15 c. 30 d. 75 e. Cannot say
3. If the number of Chinese Insurance stocks represented 3.5% of all Insurance securities, approximately how many Insurance bonds were Chinese?
a. 9,200,000 b. 9,500,000 c. 10,800,000 d. 910,000 e. 1,080,000
For questions 4 to 6, Refer to the following graph of sales and profit figures of ABC Ltd and answer the questions that follow.
4. I Return on sales (Profit/sales) was highest in which year?
a. 1995 b. 1996 c. 1997 d. 1998 e. cannot say
5. How many times return on sales (profit/sales) exceeded 15 % ?
a. once b. twice c. thrice d. four times e. never
6. How many times growth in profit over the previous year exceeded 50% was registered ?
a. once b. twice c. thrice d. four times e. never
For questions 7 to 9: The following graph shows the data related to Foreign Equity Inflow (FEI) for the five countries for two years- 1997 and 1998. FEI is the ratio of foreign equity inflow to the country’s GDP, which is expressed as a percentage in the following graph.
7. Find the ratio between FEI for Malaysia in 1997 and FEI for Thailand in 1998
a.) 7 : 25 b.) 8 : 21 c.) 6 : 11 d.) 1067 : 582 e.) cannot say
8. Name the country which has the minimum change in the FEI
a.) India b.) China c.) Malaysia d.) S.Korea e.) cannot say
9. If, Education sector in Thailand had 25% of FEI in 1997 and 60% of FEI in 1998, then find the approx ratio of the amounts allocated to Education in 1997 to 1998. (Assume the GDPs of both of these years for Thailand is same.)
a.) 1 : 5 b.) 25 : 72 c.) 6 : 11 d.) 7 : 25 e.) cannot say
10. A rumour about an upcoming recession in Japan has reduced the value of the Yen 7% compared with the Euro. How many Euros can you now buy for 500 Yen?
a. 3.5 b. 3.26 c. 3.15 d. 3.76 e. None of the above